Pandawa Beach in Bali, Indonesia

by - Monday, August 07, 2017


Located in the south part of Bali, Pandawa Beach offers mesmerizing crystal clear turquoise water that will instantly capture your heart.

If you follow me on Instagram (@nathalie__ale) you would have already seen a couple of pictures of this breathtaking beach. I was in Bali attending a family wedding which was located around the Pandawa Beach area and knew with a heartbeat that I needed to go and check it out. This was my first time at this paradisiac beach and pretty sure won't be the last one. 

Pandawa Beach used to be known as a hidden spot but with travellers sharing pictures across the globe, this beach is no secret to many coastline seekers. It officially opened in 2012 and has since been quite a popular natural landmark to visit.

HOW TO GET THERE
When in Bali one must either rent a motorcycle or a car to go around places. I went with a car and had to pay an entrance fee of 20.000 rupiah - less than 2 USD.

Once arrived in Pandawa Beach, don't settle for the first sun bed, go a bit further away to your right so that you avoid the crowds - I am all about avoiding the crowds. You can rent a sun bed for the whole day but they tend to give different prices to locals and foreigners. There was also a private beach section where you need to pay an extra fee but personally not worth it. 

BEST TIME TO GO THERE
Weekdays and especially early mornings are definitely the best time to go to any beaches. I always like to avoid crowds so that I can have the beach to myself and can enjoy taking some beautiful pictures - Instagrammable moments.

FOOD & BEVERAGES
There are plenty little restaurants that offer snacks, meals, coconut water and even other beverages at a reasonable pricing. You definitely don't need to bring your own picnic. I personally recommend that you try a roasted corn. I don't know why but the combination of the sea breeze and hot roasted corn feels kinda comforting - #FoodieForLife.

ACTIVITIES
The water is so clear that you definitely need to go for a swim. The water can feel a bit cold but not freezing. The current was quite strong when I went there, so that would explained why it was cold. There are also some water sports that you can do at the beach. I actually went canoeing and explored the sea side where there was some sort of cave and also some reef. A pretty fun experience!

Pandawa Beach has definitely gained a soft spot in my heart and for those going to Bali you might want to give this beach some love and attention. Definitely a must if you are around the area. 




You May Also Like

0 comments