Sukin Sensitive Cleansing Gel

by - Monday, July 24, 2017


It's been two years that I've ditched harsh foamy cleansers because I've find them too abrasive on my skin. And since then I've been on a hunt in finding cleansers that are non-stripping and have mild to absolutely no foam at all. Let me tell you it's HARD! Sometimes a face wash will be marketed as a gentle gel cleanser but still was too foamy for my liking and drying to my skin - to the point that I got really bad cystic acne

If you've read my current favorite skincare products blog post, you know that I've mentioned my Holy Grail gel cleanser that I can't seem to part ways with. But a few weeks ago I decided to try out this Sukin sensitive cleansing gel. Even though this would not be my first time trying out a Sukin product, you can read my Sukin micellar water review here, I was still very sceptical about it just because I had bad experiences with a lot of cleansers - #Traumatic. 

On Sukin's website this sensitive cleansing gel is described as a gentle cleanser that refreshes and purifies your skin by leaving it feeling soft, clear and balanced. It claims to be suitable for normal to sensitive skin - basically for every skin type. And I have to be honest that their description is spot on! 

The content of this cleanser is a clear gel that lathers very mildly but does not feel stripping at all.  The bubbles created by the soap are very small and feels somehow creamy but still soapy - am I making any sense? When I've removed all traces of makeup and use this cleansing gel, I can feel my skin feeling very clean - like my pores are breathing again - and my skin feels very soft to the touch and not dry at all. As for the scent I can't compare to anything I've smelled before but you will definitely get used to it. 

Sukin sensitive cleansing gel contains a blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber and avocado oil. Green tea has amazing antioxidants properties - which we all appreciate. Chamomile, which also has antioxidants properties, can also help in fading spots and acne scarring. Cucumber soothes the skin and the avocado oil moisturizes the skin. 

I appreciate the thought and the work behind each Sukin product. They really make organic luxurious products that are definitely effective, are not harmful to the skin and will not break your bank. 

All in all, I would totally recommend this cleanser if you are looking for something that is not only gentle to your skin but also not harmful to the planet - #CrueltyFree. 


* For my Indonesian readers I purchased this on the Benscrub website 

You May Also Like

0 comments