Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water

by - Friday, June 23, 2017


Micellar waters or nowadays cleansing waters have been everybody's go to product to remove traces of make-up.

I've wanted to try one out that has fewer chemicals, thus more natural and gentle on the face. And so I opted to test out the Sukin micellar cleansing water. If you have never heard about Sukin before it is an Australian cosmetic brand that is all about creating affordable, high quality and effective natural beauty products that does not harm skin and earth. The brand is vegan, cruelty free and certified as 100% carbon neutral - not too sure about that aspect as it is really hard to control carbon emission.

The four main ingredients in Sukin's micellar water are  - obviously - water, cucumber, aloe vera and chamomile.  The cucumber extract, which is slightly astringent, helps to tighten and firm the skin as well as make it feel smooth and moisturized. The aloe vera juice soothes the skin and acts as a moisturizer as well. And as for the chamomile extract, it aids to balance skin's ph, and relieves red-ness. This cleansing water is also paraben and sulphate free.

Overall this micellar water is created for all skin type but mostly for really sensitive skin. However I due have a slight issue with it as it contains a bit of alcohol in the form of alcohol denaturant, which we know can cause skin dryness. Nevertheless it is sometimes required to deliver the active ingredients of a beauty product.


I have to be honest that it slightly stings around my eyes, but not on the other area of my face, however I am pleasantly surprised by how good this natural micellar water actually is. We all know that natural sometimes don't coincide with effectiveness. Nonetheless this cleansing water removes my makeup as good as or even better as some of the un-natural focused micellar water brand that I have tried.  I don't need to thug and pull the cotton pad so hard onto my face to remove any make-up debris, which is amazing! Nobody wants to get wrinkles by being harsh to the skin. The cleansing water does leave the skin feeling smooth and hydrating. And it really somehow soothes the face too.  The only issue I have with the Sukin's micellar water  is the scent. The odor resembles a slight smell of play dough and I personally don't find it appealing at all - #Smelly or did I get a wrong batch? 

In general, if you are on a hunt for a natural micellar water that is effective in removing make-up, I would highly recommend purchasing it. But do make sure to use a cleansing balm or soap to ensure that the skin is left with no make-up and prep for your nighttime routine. 

Do comment down below and share with me some of your favorite micellar waters out there? 


* For my Indonesian readers I purchased this on the Benscrub website 

You May Also Like

0 comments