72 Hours in Bali Travel Guide

by - Wednesday, June 14, 2017


This past weekend I went on a trip to Bali to attend a friend's wedding and took the opportunity to have a little short getaway as well - if you follow me on Instagram then you would have seen some pictures. I was there for three days and two nights, more precisely for seventy-two hours. I have been to Bali many times and so I though it would be fun to do a travel guide from my perspective.

AREA TO STAY
If anyone wonders where to stay in Bali for a first timer I would recommend finding a hotel around Legian or Seminyak. It is still close to the sea, the shopping areas and the restaurants and yet you can feel the warm welcome of Balinese hospitality. However if you are looking for peace and quite as well as being close to greenery and rice fields, Ubud is the place to go but do bare in mind that hotel prices are definitely more on the pricier side. For beautiful white sandy beaches that are far away from the crowd, spend a night or two in Nusa Dua or Uluwatu.


ENJOY THE SUNRISE OR SUNSET
No matter where I travel I would always try to find a spot where I could admire a magical sunrise or sunset. In Bali there are many restaurants or cafés along the coast that lets you admire these type of blissful moments but you can also just pick a beach and enjoy mother's nature magic. 


A LITTLE SHOPPING WON'T HURT THE BANK
It is seriously so hot in Bali, that all you need to wear is a cute bikini cover up, a lightweight skirt or a  fun ruffle romper. And if you feel that you did not pack these fashion items then don't be sacred Bali has you covered. There are so many small boutiques from Kuta to Seminyak but a tip here is to find a place where you can bargain. I find that some stores, not owned by locals, tend to be on the pricier side.  My go to places for a good bargain are Seminyak Square and the stores along Double Six road.

A favorite store of mine in Bali or must I say designer is Magali Pascal. She has three stores around the world Paris, Sydney and Bali. And her designs are just up my alley, feminine bohemian with a bit of sex appeal. Her pieces are one of a kind and whilst yes, it can be on the pricier side, she organizes a sale every year on the month of June from 50% to 70% in stores and on her website.


FOOD LOVER
If you are staying for a really short period in Bali, like I did, then one main activity to do is restaurant / café hopping. In Bali you can find it all from vegan healthy food to sinful meaty hearty meals. The best find on this trip is La Lucciola located next to Petitenget Beach in Seminyak. They serve delicious Italian cuisine in a open air venue. If you want to enjoy the sunset whilst eating, I recommend to book in advance as it is a very popular restaurant. Another great find on this trip is The Dusty Café also in Seminyak. The decor of the café is very cozy and has a certain shabby chic with a hipsteri-sh vibe. I popped there to have a little pick me up afternoon snack and took a delicious chocolate mousse made with coconut milk. 


SOAK UP THE SUN
Do spend a few hours lounging around the pool area of your hotel and soak all the sun you can get. We all need as much vitamin D as we can get to boost our mood, but please don't forget to put on sunscreen as looking like a grilled shrimp ain't sexy at all.


CAPTURE THE MOMENTS
If you've traveled far away to experience Bali then don't forget to capture every beautiful moments you create on this island. Nowadays a mobile phone can capture such good quality pictures that there is no need for fancy equipment to shoot travel memories. If you want to see more pictures of Bali then do check out my other post on 3 Reasons To Love Bali.

You May Also Like

0 comments